What to Do If Your Car Is Stolen
Attention: If you purchased LoJack before May 2021, you are probably using the Classic LoJack System with Stolen Vehicle Recovery only. If you purchased LoJack after May 2021, you are probably using the New LoJack with Stolen Vehicle Recovery service + Connected Car features.
Recovering a Vehicle with New LoJack (Stolen Vehicle Recovery + Connected Car technology, typically purchased after May 2021)
- From the home screen on your LoJack app, choose the ‘Report Stolen Vehicle’ button then follow instructions.
- Using the LoJack app, contact law enforcement with a single tap on the screen.
- Use the vehicle identification information within the app to file a police report.
- When you have the police report, use the app to contact the LoJack recovery concierge who will use the police report to work directly with law enforcement to recover the vehicle.
Recovering a Vehicle with Classic LoJack (Stolen Vehicle Recovery service only, typically purchased before May 2021)
- Contact the police immediately to file a stolen vehicle report. The police will provide you with either a hard copy of the report or a case number that you will need for your insurance company. You should be prepared to provide the following information:
- License plate number
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Year, make, model and color
- Identifying marks, such as scratches or dents
- Custom add-ons, such as spoilers or wheel covers
- A list of the items inside the vehicle
- A description of any suspects you may have seen
- Rest assured, if you have a LoJack® Stolen Vehicle Recovery System, reporting the theft to the Police activates the LoJack System which is directly integrated with the National Crime Information Center computers for stolen vehicles. The system is successfully activated provided the vehicle is located within Classic LoJack’s coverage area which spans counties across 29 states throughout the US and District of Columbia.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim within 24 hours of the time when you discovered your vehicle was stolen. Provide them with a hard copy of the police report or the case number.
- Contact the police and your insurance company immediately when/if your vehicle is located.