This Policy applies to our websites, products, services, software, or applications (including rDrive- and certain Pioneer-branded products, services, software and applications) (“apps”) on which we post a direct link to this Policy or refer to within this Policy (collectively the “Services”). This Policy covers only data collected through the Services and not any other data collection or processing, including, without limitation, data collection practices of other products and services that maintain their own, separate privacy policies. Occasionally, we may refer to this Policy in relation to surveys and special-purpose web pages; under such circumstances, this Policy applies as modified in the particular notice or consent request (e.g., with respect to types of data collected or purposes of collection).
Types of Data and Collection Methods
We collect a variety of personal data through the means described below. You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide data to us, you may choose not to. But if you decline to provide data, your ability to use the applicable Services may be diminished or restricted.
• Data you submit. We collect your name, email address(es), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and other data when you request information from us, register, purchase or subscribe to a Service, or otherwise intentionally send us such information. In connection with chargeable Services, we will also collect payment information (e.g., credit card number and related verification data), phone number, and billing and shipping addresses. Additionally, as part of the CrashBoxx™ Instant Crash Alerts, you may choose to provide the name and contact information of a person to be contacted in the event of a collision.
• Data we automatically collect from our websites. When you visit one of our websites associated with the Services, we collect general data from your computer or mobile device such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, and the domain name from which you accessed the site; and, if you are accessing our site with your mobile device, the type of mobile device. In addition, Google LLC (“Google”) collects data about how you use our websites, such as the date and time you visit the site, the areas or pages of the site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the site, the number of times you return to the site, and other click-stream data. For the rDrive website located at https://rdrivebypioneer.com (“rDrive Website”), this data is collected by Google LLC (“Google”), as explained below under “rDrive Website Analytics.”
• rDrive™ mobile app: Our rDrive Powered by LoJack mobile application Service includes a Pioneer telematics device installed on a vehicle that communicates information to the rDrive mobile app, including: CrashBoxx™ Instant Crash Alerts; Tripwire™ Early Warning; stolen vehicle location assist; setting virtual boundaries (notifications when a driver arrives at their destination; ‘Where’s My Car?’ (which pinpoints the vehicle on the map); and setting speed alerts. When the telematics device is installed in your car, information is collected about your vehicle including make, model, color, year and vehicle identification number, speed, and location. Information that identifies your vehicle and other personal information may be shared when it is necessary to provide various rDrive Services, such as alerting emergency personnel of your location if a crash is detected, or helping authorities locate your vehicle if you report it stolen. rDrive information may also be used on its own or in combination with other information about you to determine aggregate insights about our users. Information that identifies your vehicle and other personal information will be shared when it is necessary to provide such Services.
Collection Purposes, Use of Data
We collect and process personal data about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the Services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests. The purposes for which we collect and use data include:
• To respond to the request that you sent us such as your request for information, or your request to purchase or subscribe to a Service;
• To provide, manage, maintain, and secure the Services you request;
• To operate and improve our business, including to administer, protect, and improve our Services and our systems, to develop new products and services, and for other internal business purposes;
• To better understand the preferences of the users of our Services, compile aggregated statistics about usage of our Services, and help personalize your experience of our website and Services;
• To provide you with information about our technologies, Service releases, news, and other communications; and
• Any other use we describe in this Policy or at the point where we collect the data.
To achieve these purposes, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine the various types of data that we collect from different sources.
rDrive Website Analytics
A third-party analytics tool called Google Analytics uses analytics data sent to Google’s (or its wholly-owned subsidiaries’) servers from a Google Analytics software agent through cookies, pixel tags or other tools placed on the rDrive Website. Information collected through Google Analytics is used by Google to provide Pioneer with aggregated, non-identifiable reports on rDrive Website usage. Pioneer uses these reports to understand how visitors use the rDrive Website and to make improvements to it and to rDrive products and services. In this regard, Pioneer is the controller for the processing of your information.
For information on Google’s practices on data privacy and security in connection with Google Analytics and the privacy controls offered by Google, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Where We Store and Process Data
We store and process data in the United States and on servers around the world, including, without limitation, the European Economic Area. Wherever we store or process personal data pursuant to this Policy, we take measures to ensure that the data is processed in accordance with this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
Disclosures of Personal Data
We access your personal data within Pioneer and LoJack and share data with third party vendor or service providers that process the data on our behalf for the purposes set forth in this Policy. We may also offer training or other services to the employees and workers of our dealers. In such cases, we may share data as part of that training and other services with the dealers for their business use. We may also share your data as required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, e.g., without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings. We may share or transfer your data in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business. Finally, we may also share your personal data where you have granted us permission.
• Opt-In/Out. We offer you the ability to opt-in or opt-out of data collection, use, or sharing. If you wish to opt-out, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below. Please note that the Services cannot be used without the collection, use and sharing of certain data such as name, contact information, and vehicle data collected through the Pioneer telematics device. Any request to opt out of such collection, use or sharing will require that you discontinue using the Services and we delete your rDrive account.
• Access. If you would like to access your personal data that we maintain, or the personal data you have submitted is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below. If you need to correct your personal data, we reserve the right to use data obtained previously to verify your identity.
• Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals sent by web browsers. A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT signals should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties that receive them. However, you may use a variety of other means of controlling data collection and use, including cookie controls in your browser settings and the personalized advertising controls described in the Cookies section above.
We retain personal data while your account is active, or as needed to provide you Services. We will delete personal data within a reasonable time after the data is no longer necessary for the business purpose for which it was collected. We will, however, retain and use personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Transmissions over the Internet are never 100% secure or error-free. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. It is your responsibility to safeguard your passwords and User IDs and to notify us using one of the Contact methods listed below if you ever suspect that your password or User ID for one of our Services has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of our Services conducted via your password and User ID.
Our Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide any personal data to us.
We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. If we change the Policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate online notice to you at least 30 days in advance and/or obtain your express consent as required by law. When you visit our websites or use our Services, you are accepting the current version of this Policy. We recommend that users revisit this Policy on occasion to learn of any changes.
To contact us, send us an email at email@example.com, call us at 1-800-421-1603, or write to us at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., Attention: rDrive Team, P.O. Box 1720, Long Beach, California 90801.
Effective Date: April 17, 2019